Digital Center
Home Register FAQ New Posts Members List Contact Us Log In
Digital Center Vehicles Cars

replacement renault kangoo electronic key

leerolo007 26.04.2007, 01:38
evening all,

ive managed to break my one and only key fob for my kangoo van, the central locking wont work and for some reason when i do open the van (using the key) the engine wont start, it tries to turn over but fire!!! should the key electronics effect the ignition? . also can someone tell me where i can get a cheap replacement that i can use with my key bit as i dont fancy paying dealer prices.

cheers in advance
lee
urbsy 26.04.2007, 01:55
Hi m8, the immobiliser turns off with the keyfob, without it ya knacked tbh.
There is a procedure where you enter your cars 4 digit security code to turn it off using the locking button, but if ya don't have the code you'll have to get the dealers to supply you one.
It's worth a pm to delambo m8, he can do wonderful things with car immobilisers.

urbsy :)
delambo 26.04.2007, 17:22
It's worth a pm to delambo m8, he can do wonderful things with car immobilisers.

WOW! My ego has just doubled in size!!

There are pleanty of options open for you without being rinsed by the main dealer.

1) open the key and you will find the key number printed inside (if you cannot find it just post some pics of your key). Post this number, and your oval plate number (found inside the drivers door shut) and I will calculate your login code. Then post some more details (age, engine size etc) and I will give you pin entering sequence. Some older kangoos if you enter the pin then it will put the van into a state of run until the battery goes flat (at which point you need to re-enter the code). Others you will have to enter the pin every time you want to start the van.

2) Buy a secondhand key off ebay and post me both keys. I should then be able to copy the data from your old key into the new one and swap the blade over. I cannot 100% garuntee this will be possible until I see the key(s).

3) Buy a secondhand key off ebay and post me both keys and your immo box and I will try to repair your broken key, and also code the new key to the keybox and cut you a new blade so you have 2 working keys (one as a spare).

4) Post me the immo box and the ECU and I will fit an immobiliser emulator. This does exaclty what it says on the tin - it emulates the signal that the immobiliser sends to the ECU.

5) Post me the ECU and I will re-program it to completely remove the immobiliser so you will never have this problem again.

6) Try option 1 first and if it is no good then buy a key from ebay, send that, your broken key, your immo box and your ECU. I will repair the broken key, code the new key to the immo box (and cut you a new blade), and remove the immobiliser in the ECU. That way you will have no immobiliser to ever go wrong again, and you will still have the remote central locking working, and also have a spare incase you lose or break one of the keys.

If you are concerned about losing your immobiliser dont be! Joyriders will just assume that since it had an immobiliser when it was built then it will still have one. Pro car (and van) theives are not worried about an immobiliser anyway - there are pleanty of people with my knowledge, skills and tools who are not above board (believe me I have been approached by a couple!).
leerolo007 26.04.2007, 21:24
brilliant, cheers mate i will post the details when i get home later. ive only found i thing stamped on the inside of the key and it begins with cr and is about 5-8 digits long if my memory serves me right, does that sound about right?.
also how will i enter the code as it doesnt have a keypad in my van i dont think? to be honest i didnt know it had an immobiliser until the key/fob thing knackered so im presuming it must be an automatic thing.

cheers again mate i will post back soon
lee
delambo 28.04.2007, 00:31
brilliant, cheers mate i will post the details when i get home later. ive only found i thing stamped on the inside of the key and it begins with cr and is about 5-8 digits long if my memory serves me right, does that sound about right?.
also how will i enter the code as it doesnt have a keypad in my van i dont think? to be honest i didnt know it had an immobiliser until the key/fob thing knackered so im presuming it must be an automatic thing.

cheers again mate i will post back soon
lee

Like I said post me some more details of the van and I will tell you how to enter the pin code - they are all different. As for the numbers just post what you have and I will tell you if it correct or not.
leerolo007 29.04.2007, 21:31
hi mate the numbers i can see that are underneath the battery bit are cr2016 but im sure this is the type of battery that goes in it! the only other things that are in it are the letters >pom< exactly how i have written them with the arrows then underneath that is the letters (with arrows) >sebs< and to the right of that it says trw. all of that text is located on the inside of the black casing.

on the circuit board bit there are two lots of writing one says 1850 and the other says
TRW
1******9-J

it is a renault kangoo van 1.2l and it is a y reg (2001) model.
if none of these are correct mate please tell me where i can find the right ones.

cheers
lee
delambo 30.04.2007, 01:27
Hi,

None of those numbers seem to be the ones I will need. I am looking for a 5 or 7 digit code. It may be though that the number was once printed on a small piece of paper whic has probably been long since lost. Al;so you could try looking on the infa red pickup in the headlining by the windscreen.

Also it might help if you can post some pics of the remote opened up so I can tell you for sure whether it was a printed label, of if it is infact printed on the key so I can tell you where to look.

Also as I said earlier I will need the oval plate number which is in the drivers door shut.
leerolo007 30.04.2007, 18:08
hi mate, there is a lot of numbers on the oval plate so i have typed them all.

fcof u00373
e1 san913 san513
0389 drap01 blever
0/ acfk nrtv

im not sure if the above are zero's or the letter o sorry

i have also found a piece of paper in the owners manual with lots of security info on it such as chassis number, radio code, vin number, etc and there are 2 numbers on it, one says ignition key number which is to have another cut i presume and is 8 characters long, then there is another number which is 7 characters long and doesnt have anything written by it and that number is 1******1. hopefully that will be what we need mate.

i have looked under the headlining right at the front near the windscreen and the sensor is not there, if that above number is not correct i will pull all the headlining down (it's glued in @ the moment) and let you know what i have found. i have also asked the wife to bring her digicam home from work to get you some piccies.

thanks for all the help mate and sorry for being a pain.
lee
delambo 01.05.2007, 13:51
OK,

Fron the oval plate number you have given me I can now tel you that you need a 5 digit code.

Sorry.
leerolo007 09.05.2007, 19:31
edited